Galloway Wild Foods events (both ticketed public events, and private bookings) are run within both the letter and spirit of Covid 19 protocols at the time they go ahead. Please be aware that protocols can change at any time, so treat the information below as guidelines only.
Decisions on whether events can go ahead are based on C19 restrictions for the region in which they take place, which can change at short notice. If you are a ticket holder I appreciate your patience around the uncertainty – please rest assured that I am monitoring the situation closely, and will notify all ticket holders if and when I need to cancel the event you are booked on.
Please also be aware that Scotland may have different restrictions to England.
See (2) below for what happens if C19 restrictions do not allow events to go ahead.
1. Covid 19 Protocols for Galloway Wild Foods Events
All attendees are required to follow the protocols (based on a full risk assessment) outlined below. All ticket holders must read and agree to GWF Terms and Conditions when they book.
Based on a full risk assessment, the following measures are in place to further reduce risk and for the safety and comfort of attendees:
- Attendees must not have any C19 symptoms (vouchers will be issued for late cancellations due to this)
- Reduced group size (max 12) to allow for 2m social distancing throughout
- No passing around of plants/fungi/seaweed between household groups
- Reduced passing out of tasters (though I still have some wild tasters that can be safely shared with the group)
- No group cookery (but I will bring individually packed wild picnic, with foraged treats and nibbles)
- Attendees to bring and use their own hand sanitiser
- Face masks are optional in an outdoor setting
- Attendees are required to inform GWF if they develop C19 symptoms within 7 days after the event
In attending the event you agree to adhere to these measures, and follow my direction throughout the event.
If you book and event, it is important that you add both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts – this stops important emails about the event location/status etc from being caught in your spam filters.
2. What Happens if an Event is Cancelled due to Corona Virus
If C19 rules result in events being cancelled, ticket holders will be emailed with notification, and sent a voucher to the same value as their tickets, for use against future events, and valid for 2 years, or given a full refund if they prefer. It is up to voucher holders to rebook future events using their voucher.
You can check the status of your event, and see when I will make a decision on whether it will go ahead (usually 2 weeks prior to the event) on the event listing here. If there is no indication of when the decision will be made, that is because the event is too far into the future to know, and you should assume it is going ahead for the time being.
There is no need to chase me up about decisions on events or refunds – please be assured that I will contact you just as soon as I can make a decision on the event, and you will be offered a full refund – no need to ask.
3. What Happens if an Event goes ahead, but I can’t attend due to Corona Virus Restrictions in My Area?
If an event does go ahead, but ticket holders cannot attend due to restrictions in the area they are travelling from, ticket holders should notify me by email ASAP and will be offered a voucher or refund – see below for how best to contact me.
4. What Can I Spend My Voucher On?
In addition to live events, vouchers can also be spent on 1 to 1 online Wild Food Mentoring, foraging webinars, and socially distanced private tuition for groups of up to 10 people. See here for details of how vouchers work.
If you do need to contact me about a booking, please email me (and only email – social media messaging or telephone are not good ways to do this – even if I do get your message, I will just ask you to email me!) and include:
- The full name of the event on which you are booked, as it appears on the events calendar listing
- The date of the event
- Your booking confirmation that you received by email on completion of the purchase