On 10th September 2020 tighter restrictions on public gatherings were imposed in Scotland, restricting groups to a maximum of 6 people across 2 households. Similar restrictions are in place in England.
Exemptions from the “rule of 6” include risk assessed, socially distanced outdoor events for small groups.
Here are the exemptions from the “Rule of 6” – you’ll see that second from the bottom says:
“to take part in outdoor organised activities for those aged 18 and over” is exempt from the new rule.
So Galloway Wild Foods events (both ticketed public events, and private bookings) are within both the letter and spirit of the law, provided all who attend are prepared to follow my protocols (based on a full risk assessment) as outlined below. All ticket holders must read and agree to GWF Terms and Conditions when they book.
Based on a full risk assessment, the following measures are in place to further reduce risk and for the safety and comfort of attendees:
- Attendees must not have any C19 symptoms (vouchers will be issued for late cancellations due to this)
- Reduced group size (max 12) to allow for 2m social distancing throughout
- No passing around of plants/fungi/seaweed between household groups
- Reduced passing out of tasters (though I still have some wild tasters that can be safely shared with the group)
- No group cookery (but I will bring individually packed wild picnic, with foraged treats and nibbles)
- Attendees to bring and use their own hand sanitiser
- Face masks are optional in an outdoor setting
- Attendees are required to inform GWF if they develop C19 symptoms within 7 days after the event
In attending the event you agree to adhere to these measures, and follow my direction throughout the event.
If you do book and event, it is important that you add both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts – this stops important emails about the event location/status etc from being caught in your spam filters.
If changes in C19 rules result in events being cancelled, ticket holders will be emailed with notification, and sent a voucher to the same value as their tickets, for use against future events, and valid for 2 years, or offered a full refund. Please read my Terms and Conditions, with special measures around Corona Virus.
If you do need to contact me about a booking, please email me (and only email – social media messaging or telephone are not good ways to do this – even if I do get your message, I will just ask you to email me!) and include:
- The full name of the event on which you are booked, as it appears on the events calendar listing
- The date of the event
- Your booking confirmation that you received by email on completion of the purchase