Watch this space for bookable 2022 Foraging Events across Scotland and N England.
Galloway Wild Foods Foraging Events run March – October and will include:
- Spring plants, fungi & birch tapping (March – April)
- Coastal foraging including seaweeds, shellfish (including spoot clam hunting) and succulent plants (March – May)
- Drunken Botany Safaris – explore the wild cocktail cabinet! (May – Septemeber)
- Salt marsh and maritime herbs (June – September)
- Woods and hedgerow plant foraging (May – October)
- Sea kayaking & foraging multi day trips (April – August – In Scotland’s W Highlands and the Galloway Coast)
- Fungi forays (August – October)
- And lots more.
2022 events will be listed and bookable here from early November 2021, with more events added throughout the year.
About 2/3rds of events take place in Galloway, SW Scotland, with more taking place around the W Coast of Scotland and Cumbria. At least 12 events per year are within 1 hours drive of Glasgow, some of which are accessible by public transport (see individual event listings for info).
Events vary in format, but most last about 4.5 hours and comprise a 3 hour walk (which rarely covers more than 1 mile, as there is so much to find!), followed by a wild food tasting picnic and workshop session. Events are tailored for novice foragers and those with some experience who are looking to increase their repertoire and confidence.
If you’d like to focus on something more specific or advanced, you can book me for a private event or tuition session tailored to your needs and interests – eg. Deep dive into seaweeds, or wild spices, or the carrot family, or advanced fungi identification etc.
Galloway Wild Foods events are extremely popular and tend to sell out very quickly. Please watch my social media feeds for updates and prompts when events are available for booking.
Can’t wait!? There are more ways to learn with Galloway Wild Foods:
- Book a private session for you and anyone you’d like to invite – available all year. Read full details of what is involved in a private foraging session, including reviews and live recordings, here.
- Book an online private 1-to-1 mentoring slot with Mark – your own personal foraging tutor/guide/mentor! Full details and booking here.
- Watch in-depth foraging webinars on various wild food subjects – see here
- Browse the huge, free foraging guide here