Watch this space for more bookable Foraging Events across Scotland and N England.
Galloway Wild Foods Foraging Events run March – October along the following themes:
- Spring plants, fungi & birch tapping (March – April)
- Coastal foraging including seaweeds, shellfish (including spoot clam hunting) and succulent plants (March – May)
- Drunken Botany Safaris – explore the wild cocktail cabinet! (May – Septemeber)
- Salt marsh and maritime herbs (June – September)
- Woods and hedgerow plant foraging (May – October)
- Sea kayaking & foraging multi day trips (April – August – In Scotland’s W Highlands and the Galloway Coast)
- Sailing and Foraging (watch this space for updates)
- Cycling and Foraging (watch this space for updates)
- Fungi forays (August – October)
- And lots more.
The first of my 2024 events go live for booking in November 2023, then more are added throughout the following year. Events tend to sell out fast, so please keep an eye on my events calendar and social media for updates.
About 2/3rds of events take place in Galloway, SW Scotland, with more taking place around the W Coast of Scotland and Cumbria. At least 12 events per year are within 1 hours drive of Glasgow, some of which are accessible by public transport (see individual event listings for info).
Events vary in format, but most last about 4.5 hours and comprise a 3 to 4 hour walk (which rarely covers more than 1 mile, as there is so much to find!), followed by a wild food tasting picnic and workshop session. Events are tailored for novice foragers and those with some experience who are looking to increase their repertoire and confidence.
Most events will cost between £75 and £95 per adult and usually include an wild food tasting picnic.
If you’d like to focus on something more specific or advanced, you can book me for a private event or online tuition session tailored to your needs and interests – eg. Deep dive into seaweeds, or wild spices, or the carrot family, or advanced fungi identification etc.
Can’t wait!? There are more ways to learn with Galloway Wild Foods:
- Book a private session for you and anyone you’d like to invite – available all year. Read full details of what is involved in a private foraging session, including reviews and live recordings, here.
- Book an online private 1-to-1 mentoring slot with Mark – your own personal foraging tutor/guide/mentor! Full details and booking here.
- Watch in-depth foraging webinars on various wild food subjects – see here
- Browse the huge, free foraging guide here