Learn the skills to find, observe, photograph and identify wild mushrooms.
The webinar was recorded live and is presented by Mark Williams of Galloway Wild Foods who has been exploring and teaching about fungi for 30 years, and specialises in making this often daunting subject fun and approachable. This webinar is UK focussed, but the skills and techniques are applicable to the study of fungi anywhere.
“Thanks for the great talk – fascinating and inspiring to get out there and identify”
– N.B. (Comment on live webinar)
Key themes of this webinar include:
- Finding mushrooms – where and how to look
- Habitat, substrates and partner organisms
- Basic forms and reproductive strategies
- The anatomy of a mushroom – key terms and observations
- Using the senses: Smell, Texture, Taste
- Putting it all together
- How to photograph mushrooms for ID purposes
- Recommended guidebooks and thoughts on ID Apps
- Top tips to take you forward
This webinar stands alone but is also intended as the second in a three part webinar series on fungi, along with:
- Recorded Webinar: Understanding Fungi
- This Recorded Webinar – Wild Mushroom Identification
- Live Webinar: 20 delicious, poisonous and common wild mushrooms you should know
This webinar is suitable for both novices and more experienced fungi enthusiasts who wish to connect more deeply with the subject.
The full webinar lasts for around 1 hour 20 minutes, comprising 1 hour webinar recorded with Mark Williams including photographs and diagrams, plus a question and answer session at the end.
How it Works:
- On completion of purchase you will be emailed a link and password to view the webinar on this website, with links to associated articles
- The link is valid for a minimum of 3 months from the date of purchase
- The webinar can be viewed as many times as you like while your link is valid