Mark Williams of Galloway Wild Foods provides wild food-focussed botanical consultation, product development advice and brand promotion for individuals, groups, landowners and businesses of all sizes, from tiny artisanal start-ups to global corporations. Mark has 30 years of experience working with chefs, distillers, bartenders, brewers, brands, TV production companies, hospitality events, pop-ups, food producers and educators, helping them find the best way to incorporate wild foods and foraging into projects.
Please browse a small selection my past and ongoing clients by clicking on the logos throughout this page.
- If you are interested in booking private foraging tuition or an event for a private group, then please look at this page first.
- Learn more about Galloway Wild Foods and Mark Williams here.
- If you want to pick my brains about a wild food related product, business idea or TV production you can book a 40 minute 1-to-1 Zoom session (Select “Wild food business consultation/mentoring : £50”)
Mark has been at the forefront of the upsurge of interest in wild and foraged food and drinks across the UK over the past 30 years. He has trained, mentored and inspired many of the new generation of foragers, foraging teachers, wild-inspired chefs, distillers and creative bartenders, and is a key influencer across his website and social media channels.
Mark is a founding member and driving force behind The Association of Foragers, an international association of foraging teachers/consultants and wild food suppliers.
Having worked as a chef and artisanal producer, and in close collaboration with leading bartenders, distillers and brewers, Mark has developed a clear understanding of the processes, challenges, terminology and needs of creative brands looking to explore, develop and promote wild-inspired products.
All consulting work is tailored entirely to the individual needs of clients. It usually includes some or all of the following:
- Wild inspiration and innovation
- Working with artisans/brands to identify authentic flavours of time and place
- Flavour profiling of wild botanicals
- Surveying a geographical area for wild resources
- Identifying abundant species suitable for scaleable commercial use
- Advising on/designing responsible, sustainable and commercially viable harvesting strategies
- Working with clients to tune plant identification skills and general botanical knowledge
- Detailed reports of wild resource availability throughout the year
- Advising on legal responsibilities with regards commercial use of wild resources including food safety, hazard analysis, supply chains, handling practices, labelling etc
- Staff training and wild days out
- Brand promotion and consumer engagement through guided walks, social media posts and blogging.
Example 1: Assessing, evaluating and reporting on local botanicals for a start-up gin brand.
Example 2: Teaching a brigade of chefs how to find, sustainably harvest and safely use wild ingredients from around their restaurant.
Example 3: Connecting renowned bartenders from around the world with wild ingredients as part of a brand engagement campaign.
Example 4: Writing website content and social media posts to engage professionals and consumers with an international gin brand
Example 5: Advising NGO’s on land use policy with regard to wild harvests and foraging
All consultations are carried out in strict confidence. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch for a confidential no-obligation discussion on how a consultation might work for your business.
Please email email@example.com for more information,
OR Book a 40 minute 1-to-1 Zoom session (Select “Wild food business consultation/mentoring : £50”)
Please click the logos on this page to learn more about businesses I have worked with.
- About Galloway Wild Foods and Mark Williams
- Film and TV Appearances
- Articles, Reviews & Blogs on Galloway Wild Foods
- Foraging Tuition and Private Bookings
- Foraging Events Calendar