If you want to connect with wild mushrooms it is important to first understand what they are and how they work. This webinar is intended as as the foundation of a deep appreciation of fungi, and a launchpad from which to find, identify and enjoy them.
“Thanks for an excellent talk, mind officially blown!” – Kirsty (Comment on live Webinar)
Themes for this webinar include:
- What are fungi? – Their defining characteristics
- The important roles fungi play in nature
- Understanding mycelium
- Eat like fungi:Fungal Nutritional Lifestyles
- Ecosystem engineers: Fungi as terraformers
- Think like fungi: Mycorrhizal fungi and the Wood Wide Web
- Fungi sex and reproduction
- Human uses of fungi
- Further learning: Resources and key texts to take your learning forward
- Recorded Q&A session
The webinar is presented by Mark Williams of Galloway Wild Foods who has been exploring and teaching about fungi for 30 years, and specialises in making this often daunting subject fun and approachable.
This webinar stands alone but is also intended as the third in a three part webinar series on fungi:
- This Webinar: Understanding Fungi
- Recorded Webinar: Wild Mushroom Identification
- Recorded Webinar: 20 Very Common, Very poisonous and Delicious Wild Mushrooms You Should Learn Before You Die
This webinar is aimed at beginners, and more experienced fungi enthusiasts who wish to connect more deeply with the subject.
“Fantastically interesting” – S.G. (Comment from live webinar)
The full webinar lasts for around 1 hour 30 minutes, comprising a 60 minute webinar recorded with Mark Williams including detailed photographs and diagrams, followed by a 30 minute question and answer session, recorded live.
How it Works:
- On completion of purchase you will be emailed a link and password to view the webinar on this website, with links to associated articles
- The link is valid for a minimum of 3 months from the date of purchase
- The webinar can be viewed as many times as you like while your link is valid