***THIS EVENT IS FULLY BOOKED***
Please follow the links to Arisaig Sea Kayak Centre to join the waiting list for paddle and forage events in the NW Highlands. When we have enough people on the waiting list, we often add more dates, so it is worth getting in touch.
Galloway Wild Foods is also currently developing Kayak & Forage multi-day trips around SW Scotland, both ticketed and as private bookings for groups. If you are interested in this, please contact Mark at Galloway Wild Foods.
Paddle, explore, forage, taste and generally immerse (but hopefully not submerge!) yourself in the stunning edible landscape of Scotland’s wild west coast…
I’m super-excited to be teaming up with my friends at Arisaig Sea Kayak Centre to offer this fantastic experience:
- Paddling, wild camping, coastal foraging and cookery around some of Scotland’s most stunning coastline.
- White sands, mountains, big tides, remarkable flora, fauna and seaweeds. 3 day’s easy exploring by kayak, with foraging shore based foraging sessions, and 2 wild camps (equipment can be supplied for this) where we will cook and eat our finds.
- Fully catered with wild ingredients we will gather along the way, plus lots that have been prepared and brought along.
- Identification, harvesting, medicinal/bushcraft uses and wild cookery of seaweeds, shellfish and coastal plants, with Scotland’s only full-time foraging instructor.
- Instruction in safe sea kayaking from highly qualified instructors.
- Foraged cocktails, campfire cookery and wild feasting – a chance to fully imbibe a stunning marine landscape.
- Perfectly suitable for novice paddlers as full sea kayaking kit and tuition will be given, or for more experienced kayakers wanting to learn more about coastal foraging.
Sat 15th May – Monday 17th May 2021
£485pp, including kayak, paddling, camping gear (if required), all food, drinks, paddling and foraging instruction.
Further information, booking and all enquiries via Arisaig Sea Kayak Centre website.
Galloway Wild Foods Gift Vouchers can be used to pay for this event.
If you wish to use a GWF voucher to pay for this event (in part or in full), please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the voucher code. I will then send you a code to apply when booking the event on Arisaig Sea Kayak’s website.
Please read the following information before booking a Galloway Wild Foods event.
The general event location is provided in the event description. For general information on visiting Galloway for events, see here.
Detailed event information, including exact meeting place, will be sent to the email address you provide on booking. It is important that you add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts/whitelist or the information email may get caught in your spam filters.
The information email will be sent in the week before the event – sometimes as little as 3 days prior to the event. There is no need to badger me for it – I will send it! If you haven’t received it by within 3 days of the event, check your spam folders. If it isn’t there drop me an email – email@example.com.
Galloway Wild Foods is under no obligation to refund, rebook or reinstate vouchers for no-shows or cancellations within 14 days of the event. If I can refill the place at short notice, I will pay a full refund (or reinstate vouchers) less 10% to cover admin & PayPal fees.
If you cancel giving 14 days or more notice, you will receive a full refund (or reinstatement of voucher) less 5% to cover Paypal fees.
In the unlikely event that an event is cancelled by GWF you will receive full refund, exchange or voucher.
Galloway Wild Foods is not liable for any travel, accommodation or other costs you might incur if an event has to be cancelled.
The only weather that causes events to be cancelled is dangerous wind. In these instances you will be notified as early as possible.
Please provide the following information for all members of your party in the “Additional Information” box on the payment page :
- Relevant medical conditions
- Mobility issues
- Eating restrictions – differentiating between preferences (e.g. vegetarian), intolerances (e.g. gluten intolerance) and serious allergies (e.g. peanut allergy), and clearly stating if an allergy is potentially life-threatening. All requirements can usually be catered for, but these differentiations are required for risk assessments.
Please ensure that all members of your party come suitably dressed for the weather, season and event.
On all walks, for your comfort and safety, walking boots/wellies, waterproofs and spare clothes are necessary. I always recommend wellies for coastal foraging events – you are likely to get wet feet if you don’t have them!
Please bring your own drinking water.
Your learning and enjoyment may also benefit from bringing a camera, notebook, field guide, small basket/cloth bag. Feel free to bring along any of your own wild food preparations to share and talk about.
Some events are not suitable for dogs. Please check with me by email if you wish to bring a dog on an event.
Please contact mark on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific questions that are not answered here, or if you are running late on the day.