Listed below are:
- Standard Terms and Conditions for Purchasing Places on Galloway Wild Foods Walks and Events
- Terms and Conditions for purchasing and use of Gift Voucher
Standard Terms and Conditions for Purchasing Places on Galloway Wild Foods Events and Private Bookings
- The ticket purchaser/private event organiser will add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to their email contacts so that important information emails about events do not get caught in spam filters – It is the ticket purchaser/event organiser’s responsibility to do this and you may miss important information if you do not do this.
- In the event of no-shows or cancellations by ticket holders or private event organiser within 2 weeks of events, Galloway Wild Foods is under no obligation to refund payment for ticket, or deposit for private bookings, by money or voucher or transfer of bookings.
- Email and only email (ie. not by phone or social media channels) is the only way to notify Galloway Wild Foods if you need to cancel a place on an event or cancel a private booking.
- Cancellation emails regarding scheduled events must include the full name of the event as it appears on the events calendar, the date of the event, the name and email address of the original ticket purchaser, and the booking reference that the purchaser received on completion of the booking.
- Cancellation emails regarding private bookings must include the email chain through which the event was organised
- If bookings for scheduled events cancelled within 2 weeks of an event can be refilled, ticket holders will be given a refund, less 10% to cover admin and PayPal’s handling fee, or issue a GWF voucher to the full value of the ticket(s) – please state a preference if you cancel.
- For cancellations with 2 weeks or more notice, Galloway Wild Foods will refund the ticket price less the PayPal handling fee (usually about 2 to 3%) or issue a GWF voucher to the full value of the ticket(s) – please state a preference if you cancel.
- Galloway Wild Foods is under no obligation to refund deposits paid for private bookings if events are cancelled by clients within 4 weeks (28 days) of the booking.
- In the event of cancellation or rescheduling of events by Galloway Wild Foods, ticket holders will be issued with a GWF Voucher that can be used to book future events, private tuition or online mentoring, or receive a full refund if they prefer..
- In the unlikely event of cancellation by Galloway Wild Foods due to bad weather or illness, as much notice as possible will be given to ticket holders.
- The only adverse weather that events will be cancelled for will be dangerously strong winds.
- The decision of Galloway Wild Foods to cancel and event on the grounds of safety is final.
- Galloway Wild Foods is not liable for any expenses (other than ticket price) incurred by ticket holders in the event of an event having to be cancelled.
- The person booking tickets is required to supply all relevant information on mobility restrictions, medical conditions, food allergies and eating preferences for all members of their party. There is a box on the checkout page where this information should be entered.
- The purchaser of the tickets is responsible for ensuring that all members of their party come suitably dressed for the weather, season and event. On all walks, for your comfort and safety, walking boots/wellies, waterproofs and spare clothes are necessary. I always recommend wellies for coastal foraging events – you are likely to get wet feet and or ruin your shoes if you don’t have them.
- The purchaser of the tickets is responsible for ensuring that all members of their party has read and accepted these terms and conditions.
- The purchaser of the tickets is responsible for circulating email correspondence about the event among their party.
All data submitted to Galloway Wild Foods when booking an event or purchasing a gift voucher is securely stored and never passed on to any third parties. I promise never to spam you either: all you will receive is a notification of your booking and payment, and a reminder email in the week prior to the event with exact information on where/when to meet, what to wear etc.
Terms and Conditions for purchasing and use of Gift Vouchers
- Vouchers are valid for 2 years from date of purchase
- One voucher can be applied to multiple events, or as part-payment of more expensive events.
- Vouchers can be used to pay for private tuition, online mentoring, foraging webinars and live events.
- Vouchers can be used to book and pay for scheduled Galloway Wild Foods events. Please note, that occasionally events on the calendar are not run by Galloway Wild Foods, but by a partner business. In these instances it may not be possible to use a gift voucher for payment, though if the holder contacts me directly, quoting their voucher code, I can usually work something out.
- Valid voucher codes must be applied at the checkout when booking an event on this website.
- In the event of no-shows or cancellations by the voucher holder within 2 weeks of a booked event, Galloway Wild Foods is under no obligation to refund vouchers or transfer bookings paid for with vouchers.
- Vouchers are not refundable in all or in part.