SPECIAL TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR GALLOWAY WILD FOODS EVENTS WITH REGARD TO CORONA VIRUS :
All the standard terms and conditions below apply, though with the following special measures around Corona Virus. Where they are contradictory, the special measures around C19 override the standard measures.
If you are contacting Galloway Wild Foods about an event, please title your email with the full name and date of the event, as it appears on the events calendar. Please also include your original booking confirmation and/or order number.
If you are considering buying a ticket on a future event:
It is still possible that route out of C19 may have some backward steps. If the contagion level escalates GWF events may need to be postponed or cancelled, possibly at short notice. In purchasing tickets, you accept this risk, and will not hold Galloway Wild Foods responsible for any costs incurred to you as a result of cancellation.
If events are cancelled, ticket holders will be emailed with a voucher to the same value as their ticket(s), for use against future events, private tuition and online mentoring, valid for 2 years, or a full refund.
In purchasing tickets for an event, booking a private session, or attending an event you agree to all of the following terms and conditions:
- The ticket purchaser/person who booked is responsible for ensuring that all those for whom they bought tickets are also aware of these terms and conditions, and that they agree to abide by them
- The ticket purchaser will add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to their email contacts so that important information emails about events do not get caught in spam filters – It is the ticket purchaser’s responsibility to do this and you may miss important information if you do not do this.
- You and/or members of your group will not attend the event if you have any C19 symptoms, but will contact Galloway Wild Foods as soon as possible to be issued a voucher to the value of your tickets (see below for voucher T&C’s)
- You and/or members of your group will not attend the event if you are in a C19 high risk or shielded group, , but will contact Galloway Wild Foods to be issued a voucher to the value of your tickets (see below for voucher T&C’s)
- You and members of your group will make yourself aware of the general risk of C19 transmission at the time of the event, and will not hold Galloway Wild Foods liable should you contract C19 as a result of attending the event
- You and members of your group are aware and respectful of other event attendees and the guide, who may have different needs and attitudes to C19 risk than yourself
- During the event you agree to adhere to the instruction and protocols of the event guide around social distancing at all times (see below for details)
- You undertake to notify GWF by email should you develop C19 symptoms within 7 days of attending the event
Special social distancing measures for GWF events under Scotland’s Phase 3 C19 Exit guidelines:
- Reduced group sizes
- 2m social distancing throughout
- No passing around of plants
- No passing around of tasters
- No group cookery
- Attendees to bring and regularly use their own hand sanitiser
- Full scheduled reminder of social distancing responsibilities at set point(s) during the event
- Face masks are recommended but not compulsory in an outdoor setting
Please see below for full policy around use of vouchers.
Standard Terms and Conditions for Purchasing Places on Galloway Wild Foods Walks and Events:
- In the event of no-shows or cancellations by ticket holders within 2 weeks of events, Galloway Wild Foods is under no obligation to refund payment by money or voucher or transfer bookings, unless under the special terms outlined above for C19 symptoms.
- If bookings cancelled within 2 weeks of an event can be refilled, ticket holders will be given a full refund, less PayPal’s handling fee (usually about 2 to 3%) or issued a GWF voucher to the full value of the ticket(s) – please state a preference if you cancel.
- For cancellations with 2 weeks or more notice, Galloway Wild Foods will refund the ticket price less the PayPal handling fee (usually about 2 to 3%) or issue a GWF voucher to the full value of the ticket(s) – please state a preference if you cancel.
- In the event of cancellation or rescheduling of events by Galloway Wild Foods, ticket holders will be issued with a GWF Voucher that can be used to book future events, private tuition or online mentoring, or receive a full refund if they prefer..
- In the unlikely event of cancellation by Galloway Wild Foods due to bad weather or illness, as much notice as possible will be given to ticket holders.
- The only adverse weather that events will be cancelled for will be dangerously strong winds.
- The decision of Galloway Wild Foods to cancel and event on the grounds of safety is final.
- Galloway Wild Foods is not liable for expenses (other than ticket price) incurred by ticket holders in the event of an event having to be cancelled.
- The person booking tickets is required to supply all relevant information on mobility restrictions, medical conditions, food allergies and eating preferences. There is a box on the checkout page where this information should be entered.
- The purchaser of the tickets is responsible for ensuring that all members of their party come suitably dressed for the weather, season and event. On all walks, for your comfort and safety, walking boots/wellies, waterproofs and spare clothes are necessary. I always recommend wellies for coastal foraging events – you are likely to get wet feet and or ruin your shoes if you don’t have them.
- The purchaser of the tickets is responsible for ensuring that all members of their party has read and accepted these terms and conditions.
- The purchaser of the tickets is responsible for circulating email correspondence about the event among their party.
All data submitted to Galloway Wild Foods when booking an event or purchasing a gift voucher is securely stored and never passed on to any third parties. I promise never to spam you either: all you will receive is a notification of your booking and payment, and a reminder email in the week prior to the event with exact information on where/when to meet, what to wear etc.
Terms and Conditions for purchasing Gift Vouchers:
- Vouchers are usually valid for 1 year from date of purchase, but vouchers issued against events postponed due to corona virus will be valid for 2 years from date of issue. I will also extend the validity of pre-pandemic vouchers by 1 year so they can be used when events resume – please contact me if your voucher has expired.
- One voucher can be applied to multiple events, or as part-payment of more expensive events.
- Vouchers can be used to pay for private tuition and events.
- Vouchers can be used to book and pay for scheduled Galloway Wild Foods events. Please note, that some events on the calendar are not run by Galloway Wild Foods. In these instances it may not be possible to use a gift voucher for payment, though if the holder contacts me directly, quoting their voucher code, I can usually work something out.
- Valid voucher codes must be applied at the checkout when booking an event on this website.
- In the event of no-shows or cancellations by the voucher holder within 2 weeks of a booked event, Galloway Wild Foods is under no obligation to refund vouchers or transfer bookings paid for with vouchers.
- Vouchers are not refundable in all or in part.